Thursday, February 21, 2008

You were life

Give me back my heart
Why did you take it away?
You didn't even ask
But how did you...

I miss the goodness
Of you
I miss the love I felt
With you

How I miss you
The sense of safety
The sense of oneness
That needn't be said

Similar, you and I
Brittle and beautiful
Hurt and broken
You and I

Sparkle in your eye
Caring in your voice
Leave me captivated
Wanting more and more

What does your smile mean
You love me or no?
Love, true and everlasting
Or is it just a show?

Even if I knew
I'd never cease to wonder
What were you thinking, feeling...
What were you...

The best I ever had
Scared, the best I ever will
Grateful, by all means
For the little bit of life you gave

A long, lonely wait you ended
So long and so lonely
That water is not water anymore
To the parched throat, it is life

You ended my suffering
You lived up to your name
You were life
You were Spring

No comments: