Thursday, September 18, 2008

Selfishness? Is that it?

There is a beautiful side to everything.

Now that that's out of the way, the important thing I want to say here is...

That I feel I am on the verge of a new breakthrough into how the world works.

I've narrowed it down to just survival of the fittest.

Sounds too simple?

No, it isn't.

God, my thought process just slipped out again like slippery fish in the hand. I really can't handle the thought of people dismissing ideas without thinking about it.

Can't hold it.

The truth. Elusive.

A-ha. Gotcha again.

It's just evolution.

We are all driven by desire, primal, evolutionary hardwiring. And most of the good stuff like helping others, being kind, not to forget - love, etc. is only driven by desire. Selfish desire.

Maybe that's all it is. Selfishness.

Still doesn't feel like the one thing that explains everything. If there's any ability I've got, it's to recognize the truth when I see it. And this still does not hit the spot.

But I feel very strongly that a real breakthrough is about to happen. Also maybe I'll write a book on it, this time on story lines, like The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.

The most wise thing I have heard so far is said by the spanish woman in The Spanish Woman movie, which I saw yesterday.

Can't remember the exact thing, but was something like no one gives a damn about you unless they need you in some way, including the people who "love" you.

Since my last few days at the current job are coming up fast, I either will get a new job real quick or free time to get more of this thinking done.

No comments: