Sunday, April 27, 2008

They didn't affect me at all

Feel so free... Unbound by the limitations in the minds of others. But why did I let them affect me? Because they were cruel enough to hurt me if I didn't conform to what they thought I should be. They spoke loudly so I couldn't work. They spoke in a language I couldn't understand so I would feel left out. So that they would spare me that torture. And did they? No. Then why?

Why did I let them affect me?

Because I didn't like them and if I was the real me they would know it. And I didn't want them to know it 'cause it could make me universally hated. And that would be cause for concern. I don't want to die.

I don't like you. So I'm leaving.

But there's more. They haven't affected me. I could have only been acting like they affected me so as to keep them at bay. I do this unconsciously with everyone so that they would feel satisfied and leave me and my individuality alone.

That's true because I am feeling free like I said. It was all just an act. They didn't affect me at all. And they will see it for themselves before I leave.

No comments: